Minimally Synchronous Parallel ML
The MSPML library is a functional programming library for the Objective Caml language for minimally synchronous parallel algorithms. It has been developped as part of our research program to investigate paradigms for functional parallel programming as special cases of standard semantics. The underlying assumption is that (efficient) parallel algorithms are special cases of (efficient) sequential algorithms and that using concurrent extensions of sequential languages to express them is both useless and harmful. MSPML is portable to any architecture which supports both Objective Caml and has a TCP/IP address for each node.
- Myrto Arapinis
- Radia Benheddi
- Frédéric Dabrowski
- Frédéric Gava
- Frédéric Loulergue
- R. Benheddi and F. Loulergue. Divide-and-Conquer Programming with Minimally Synchronous Parallel ML. In J. Weglarz, R. Wyrzykowski, and B. Szymanski, editors, Seventh International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics (PPAM 2007), Workshop on Language-Based Parallel Programming Models, number 4967 in LNCS, pages 1078-1085. Springer, 2008
- R. Benheddi and F. Loulergue. Composition parallèle pour MSPML. In P.-E. Moreau and T. Hardin, editors, Journées Francophones des Langages Applicatifs (JFLA), pages 101-116. INRIA, 2006
- F. Loulergue. Management of Communication Environments for Minimally Synchronous Parallel ML. In Z. Juhasz, P. Kacsuk, and D. Kranzimuller, editors, Distributed and Parallel Systems (DAPSYS 2004), pages 185-192. Springer, 2004
- F. Loulergue. Communication Primitives for Minimally Synchronous Parallel ML. In M. Bubak, D. van Albada, P. Sloot, and J. Dongarra, editors, The International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2004), Part I, LNCS, pages 411-414. Springer Verlag, 2004
- F. Loulergue, F. Gava, M. Arapinis, and F. Dabrowski. Semantics and Implementation of Minimally Synchronous Parallel ML. International Journal of Computer and Information Science, 5(3):182-199, 2004
- M. Arapinis, F. Loulergue, F. Gava, and F. Dabrowski. Semantics of Minimally Synchronous Parallel ML. In W. Dosch and R. Y. Lee, editors, 4th International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking, and Parallel Distributed Computing (SNPD'03), pages 260-267. ACIS, 2003
The project is currently inactive.