OSL -- Orléans Skeleton Library
OSL, the Orléans Skeleton Library provides a set of data parallel skeletons which follow the bulk synchronous parallel (BSP) model of parallel computation. OSL is a library for C++ currently implemented on top of MPI and it uses meta-programming techniques to offer a good efficiency. Our goal is thus to provide an easy to use library for a widely used programming language and that allows simple reasoning about parallel performances based on a simple and portable cost model.
Work on OSL is supported by the Agence Nationale de la Recherche in the program ANR Blanc International, project Parallel Program Development with Algorithmic Skeletons (PaPDAS) and by the SPEED project funded by the Conseil Général du Loiret.
- Sylvain Jubertie (University of Orléans)
- Frédéric Loulergue (University of Orléans)
Past-members : Wadoud Bousdira (University of Orléans), Joeffrey Légaux (University of Orléans), Noman Javed (Namal College, Pakistan).
- OSL The C++ Orléans Skeleton Library: v1.0pre
- OSL Formal Semantics (requires the Coq proof assistant): v0.2 (with heat diffusion simulation), v0.1.
- OSL Verified Prototype (requires the Coq proof assistant): v0.1
- Joeffrey Légaux, Sylvain Jubertie, and Frédéric Loulergue. Development Effort and Performance Trade-off in High-Level Parallel Programming. In International Conference on High Performance Computing and Simulation (HPCS). IEEE, 2014.
- Frédéric Loulergue, Simon Robillard, Julien Tesson, Joeffrey Legaux, and Zhenjiang Hu. Formal Derivation and Extraction of a Parallel Program for the All Nearest Smaller Values Problem. In ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC), pages 1577-1584. ACM Press, 2014
- Joeffrey Legaux, Zhenjiang Hu, Frédéric Loulergue, Kiminori Matsuzaki, and Julien Tesson. Programming with BSP Homomorphisms. In F. Wolf, B. Mohr, and D. Ney, editors, Euro-Par 2013 Parallel Processing, number 8097 in LNCS, pages 446-457. Springer, 2013
- Joeffrey Legaux, Frédéric Loulergue, and Sylvain Jubertie. Managing Arbitrary Distributions of Arrays in Orléans Skeleton Library. In International Conference on High Performance Computing and Simulation (HPCS), pages 437-444. IEEE, 2013
- Joeffrey Legaux, Frédéric Loulergue, and Sylvain Jubertie. OSL: an algorithmic skeleton library with exceptions. In International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS), volume 18 of Procedia Computer Science, pages 260-269. Elsevier, 2013
- Wadoud Bousdira, Frédéric Loulergue, and Julien Tesson. A Verified Library of Algorithmic Skeletons on Evenly Distributed Arrays. In ICA3PP 2012, pages 218-232, LNCS. Springer, 2012
- Noman Javed and Frédéric Loulergue. Verification of a Heat Diffusion Simulation written with Orléans Skeleton Library. In 9th International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics (PPAM), LNCS. pages 91-100, Springer, 2011
- Noman Javed and Frédéric Loulergue. A Formal Programming Model of Orléans Skeleton Library. In Victor Malyshkin, editor, Eleventh International Conference on Parallel Computing Technologies (PaCT), LNCS 6873. pages 40-52, Springer, 2011
- Noman Javed and Frédéric Loulergue. Parallel Programming and Performance Predictability with Orléans Skeleton Library. In International Conference on High Performance Computing and Simulation (HPCS). pages 257-263, IEEE, 2011
- Noman Javed and Frédéric Loulergue. OSL: Optimized Bulk Synchronous Parallel Skeletons on Distributed Arrays. In Y. Don, R. Gruber, and J. Joller, editors, 8th international Conference on Advanced Parallel Processing Technologies (APPT'09), LNCS 5737, pages 436-451. Springer, 2009
- Noman Javed and Frédéric Loulergue. A Metaprogrammed Bulk Synchronous Parallel Algorithmic Skeleton Library. In International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC08), Poster, 2008
- Joeffrey Legaux, Squelettes algorithmiques pour la programmation et l'exécution efficaces de codes parallèles, PhD Thesis, Université d'Orléans, décembre 2013
- Noman Javed, Metaprogrammed Algorithmic Skeletons: Implementations, Performances and Semantics, PhD Thesis, LIFO, University of Orléans, October 2011